Notepad Plus Plus (also known as Notepad++) is a open source text and code editor for Microsoft® Windows®. It is currently one of the most popular editor that can serve as an excellent replacement for the native Notepad text editor included in all Microsoft® Windows® versions.
It is based on the well-known Scintilla and written in C++ which helps the editor to be fast, efficient and small. This software is popular among programmers who use it for the excellent support of programming languages but is also used by various people for other purposes such as: great list of plugins, the ability of opening large files fast etc.
- – Auto-completion available for word, function completion
- – Tabbed interface (open multiple documents)
- – Syntax highlighting and folding
- – Customizable software interface (GUI)
- – Multi-view, zoom in and out, WYSIWYG (printing)
- – Support for macro recording and playback
- – Multi-language and bookmark support
- – Support for regular expression Search and Replace
- – FTP support (available as a default plugin)
- – Support for over 50 programming languages
- – Plugins support
Product Type: Utilities
License: Open Source (GPL)
System Requirements: Microsoft Windows