aTunes is an open source audio player and manager for Microsoft® Windows®, Mac OS X® and Linux. The only requirement is Java. Windows® version comes with ripping and encoding tools included.
There are no other prerequisites, just install and use the program. For all other platforms you need to download and install several extra tools. For more information, visit FAQ – section “What else do I need?”. You can use aTunes for playing many popular audio formats, edit tags, organize music collection, listen online radio stations or podcasts. Another feature is the ability to rip songs from audio CDs (for Mac OS X® or Linux it needs extra packages (cdparanoia, cdda2wav, icedax) or optional encoders (oggenc, lame, flac). aTunes is an alternative to many other players such as Amarok, Clementine, foobar2000 or even iTunes.
- Support for huge music collections with thousands of files
- Supports most popular formats: mp3, ogg, wma, wav, flac, mp4…
- Allows tag edition, with advanced features for automatically fill tags properly and batch editing
- Supports several playlists, allowing playlists with thousands of songs
- Allows to organize collection by metadata (artist, album, year, genre, …) or folder
- Support for external devices to copy or synchronize music
- Supports podcasts
- Supports online radios
- Last.fm scrobbling integrated
- Downloads all information about your music: lyrics, artist information, similar artists, links to Youtube…
- Keep statistics about what you listen to
- Import audio CD to mp3, ogg and include automatically in your collection
- Customizable UI
- Full-screen mode